How Will Writing a Business Book Advance My Career?
Publishing your own book will establish you as an expert in your field and enhance your professional profile. If you’re in sales or earn income through delivering speeches, a book will be an enormously helpful selling piece and earn you instant credibility and respect. Many people view a book as the ultimate business card—an essential for demonstrating your expertise.
If I’m the Expert, Why Should I Work with a Ghostwriter?
Since you’re the expert, you’re probably busy doing what you do best! And while you may be an expert in business, you’re probably not an expert in writing a book. Our ghostwriting services allow you to focus on your business while we dedicate the time, expertise, and energy necessary to writing and publishing your brilliantly written book. If you’re concerned about the time commitment required to write your book, or if you’re not confident with your writing skills, we’re a perfect service for you.
How Involved Will I Need to Be in the Process?
Your level of involvement is entirely up to you. You can opt to work closely with your ghostwriter, or simply provide them with basic information and let them do the rest of the work. This is your book, which means that you have final say on the content and it’s your decision how and when you give your input and approval. We’ll work with you to customize the process so that it fits your schedule and preferred working style.
How Long Will it Take to Write My Book?
The duration of the ghostwriting process is partly up to you—the author! Depending on your schedule and desired level of involvement, your ghostwriter will develop material for you to review and approve on a weekly or biweekly basis. While every book is unique, on average, a 200-page manuscript will take between three and six months to develop. We can often rush these services for you if you need to meet a specific publishing deadline.
How Much Do Ghostwriting Services Cost?
Every ghostwriting project is unique, and so the pricing is flexible and varies according to what you choose to include in your package. We customize our services for every client, which means the price is negotiable and based on the specifics of your project. Our comprehensive ghostwriting and publishing packages typically include phone time with the ghostwriter, an original query letter, a book cover, literary agent search, and publishing services, which means the price for your book will vary according to your publishing goals and needs.
What if I Just Want Feedback and Consultation on My Book?
Our editing and consultation services are perfectly suited for writers who are looking to improve their work. We can give input at whatever level of detail you’d like—overarching feedback on the structure and concept of the book, critical review on the flow and transitions, or copyediting changes to the text itself. We can also address specific issues, as per your request, in our review of your work.
How Much Experience Do You Have with Business Books?
We’ve worked with business authors to create a multitude of books on a wide range of topics. Our client list for business books includes CEOs as well as publishing houses that specialize in business strategy and marketing. We have extensive experience with organizing and articulating best business practices and innovative methods into engaging content that will have a notable impact on readers. We know how to get your knowledge down on paper and out into the world!
What Do I Need to Consider When Choosing a Ghostwriter?
The Internet is littered with online writing and editing services, making it nearly impossible to sift through the scams and find a legitimate and trustworthy service. Here are some questions to ask when you’re vetting companies to ensure that you pick a reliable firm for all your writing and editing needs:
- Is the price right? If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Developing a high-quality book can take hundreds of hours of work and requires a high level of expertise—don’t be tempted by third-rate writers who market “affordable” prices.
- Who owns the rights to the book? It’s your book, which means that you should own the rights to your content. Be wary of ghostwriters asking for partial rights to your material.
- What is the payment arrangement? You should always pay for ghostwriting services in installments and never 100% upfront. After the initial deposit, you should make subsequent payments only if you’re happy with what the ghostwriter has written up to that point. You should have clearly defined milestones for payments to ensure that you and your writer know what to expect.
- Who’s in charge? Working with a ghostwriter is a collaborative effort, but you should have the final say on all content decisions. If a writer is unwilling to put your needs and requests first, then it’s not going to be your book—it will be theirs.
- Is the service confidential? This is YOUR book. A ghostwriter’s name should never appear on the completed manuscript unless you want it to be there.
Whatever service you decide to use, be sure to protect yourself. Make certain that you are working with a reputable company with experience.
Once the Ghostwriting Is Complete, Can You Help with Publishing and Marketing?
We’ve assisted many first-time and experienced authors with self-publishing their book and securing lucrative book deals through traditional publishing avenues. We’ll craft a query letter or book proposal that you can use to promote your book to agents and publishing houses. We’ll help you to decide between self-publishing options, and we can put you in contact with marketing services to get the word out about your book.