Our comprehensive ghostwriting service provides you with an experienced team of professional writers, editors, and publishing experts who work collectively to write a publish-worthy book. Our general process is outlined briefly below; we are happy to personalize our process to your preferences and provide you with a detailed proposal. Learn more about our ghostwriting services here.
The Writing Team
Senior Editor: The senior editor oversees the logistics of the process to ensure that the team is working well together, staying on schedule, developing high-quality content, and meeting your expectations. They will collaborate with the team during the planning and outlining phase and provide ongoing editing and consultation throughout the writing process.
Writer/Ghostwriter: The ghostwriter will be responsible for developing the drafts and revising them per your feedback.
Final Editor: The final editor is not a part of the planning phase; they perform a final “cold read” of the manuscript upon its completion and provide text editing, critical analysis, and feedback.
Our Writing Process
1. Questionnaire: We’ll send you a detailed questionnaire to fill out, informing us of your goals and expectations. This will be shared with and reviewed by the writing team.
2. Introductory Interview with Writing Team
3. Preliminary Research and Preparation: We’ll review all available drafts, articles, notes, outlines, and other relevant materials in preparation for the Strategy Sessions.
4. Strategy Sessions—Planning and Outlining: Intensive in-person (preferred) or virtual planning and strategy sessions to plan and outline the book. Typically a multi-day process at one of our offices (NYC, LA, or Nashville), or we can fly the team to your location.
a. Agenda: We’ll send you a detailed agenda for the Strategy Sessions in advance.
b. Outline: By the end of the meetings, we will have a detailed outline (5-15 pages in length).
c. Scheduling: The Senior Editor will establish a schedule and timeline for interviews and deliverables.
5. Publishing Strategy Discussion with Kevin Anderson*
6. Developing the Draft: The writer will write the manuscript, one section at a time, and revise each draft until it meets your satisfaction.
7. Ongoing Review: Throughout the writing process, the senior editor will review the manuscript to improve the writing and offer their feedback and consultation on the overall quality and direction of the work. These rounds of review typically occur in three phases: (a) upon completion of the first chapter and introduction; (b) upon completion of one-third of the manuscript; (c) upon completion of two-thirds of the manuscript; and (d) upon completion of the entire draft. The writer will discuss substantive issues with you and implement the desired changes.
8. Beta Reader Review**: We utilize a beta reader service in which 20+ impartial readers within your target demographic review the manuscript and provide detailed feedback throughout. Revisions may be made at this time, based on the data gathered from the reviews.
9. Finalize the Draft: The senior editor will meet with the team to ensure all parties are satisfied with the draft and approve it for final editing.
10. Final Edit: An additional editor who has no knowledge of the project will perform a “cold read,” editing the text for grammar and providing a final round of analysis and consultation.
11. Final Review: With the completion of the editing phase, the senior editor will discuss the project with you and provide his or her final approval of the manuscript. At this point, the manuscript is considered complete and is ready for the publishing phase.
12. Query Letter and Targeting Agents: We’ll provide you with a custom-written query letter and assist you with targeting agents. We can also develop a full book proposal upon request.
13. Publishing: Our service includes two years of publishing consultation to assist you in securing a publisher or advising you on self-publishing options.
*Available only with our Premier and Executive packages.
**Available only with our Executive package.