Our comprehensive ghostwriting service provides you with an experienced team of professional writers, editors, and publishing experts who work collectively to write a publish-worthy book. Our general process is outlined briefly below; we are happy to personalize our process to your preferences and provide you with a detailed proposal. Learn more about our ghostwriting services here.
The Writing Team
Managing Editor: The managing editor oversees the logistics of the process to ensure that the team is working well together, staying on schedule, developing high-quality content, and meeting your expectations. They are whom you should contact should any issue arise during the writing process.
Lead Writer/Ghostwriter: The ghostwriter will be responsible for developing the drafts and revising them per your feedback.
Lead Editor*: The lead editor will collaborate with the team during the planning and outlining phase and provide ongoing editing and consultation throughout the writing process.
Consultant**: The consultant will collaborate with the team during the planning and outlining phase and provide ongoing consultation on both the quality of the manuscript and how to improve its marketability.
Final Editor: The final editor is not a part of the planning phase; they perform a final “cold read” of the manuscript upon its completion and provide text editing, critical analysis, and feedback.
Our Writing Process
1. Questionnaire: We’ll send you a detailed questionnaire to fill out, informing us of your goals and expectations. This will be shared with and reviewed by the writing team.
2. Introductory Interview with Writing Team
3. Preliminary Research and Preparation: We’ll review all available drafts, articles, notes, outlines, and other relevant materials in preparation for the Strategy Sessions.
4. Strategy Sessions—Planning and Outlining: Intensive in-person (preferred) or virtual planning and strategy sessions to plan and outline the book. Typically a multiday process at one of our offices (NYC, LA, or Nashville), or we can fly the team to your location.
a. Agenda: We’ll send you a detailed agenda for the Strategy Sessions in advance.
b. Outline: By the end of the meetings, we will have a detailed outline (5-15 pages in length).
c. Scheduling: The Managing Editor will establish a schedule and timeline for interviews and deliverables.
5. Review and Analysis of Outline by our Chief Consultant or Editor-in-Chief**
6. Developing the Draft: The lead writer will write the manuscript, 5-10 pages at a time, revising each draft until it meets your satisfaction.
7. Ongoing Editing and Consultation*/**: The lead editor and lead consultant will review, edit, and provide detailed analysis and consultation at (a) the completion of the first chapter, (b) the completion of half the manuscript draft, and (c) the completion of the entire manuscript draft.
8. Finalize the Draft: The managing editor will meet with the team to ensure all parties are satisfied with the draft and approve it for final editing.
9. Final Edit: An additional editor who has no knowledge of the project will perform a “cold read,” editing the text for grammar and providing a final round of analysis and consultation.
10. Final Review: The managing editor will meet with you to ensure all expectations have been met.
11. Query Letter and Targeting Agents: We’ll provide you with a custom-written query letter and assist you with targeting agents. We can also develop a full book proposal upon request.
12. Publishing: Our service includes two years of publishing consultation to assist you in securing a publisher or advising you on self-publishing options. We also offer extensive self-publishing and cover design services.
*Available only with our Standard and Premium packages
**Available only with our Premium package.